Friday, October 15, 2010

Painting Day

Firefly is so awesome. The initial idea was that our plates would all be black and white. I wasn't satisfied with that, as I wanted these families to have a more finished, personalized product. We decided a splash of color would be really nice. Mom, Britney and I went by and painted a couple of plates last week. Donations pay for the plates and the family gets to pick a wording paint color and rim color. If they want more, Firefly will take care of that for an additional charge unless the parents or a family member wants to paint the plate themselves.

This is going to be one of my sample plates to show families what else can be done to the plate.

This family decided they wanted the poppy flowers painted above their precious twin babies' footprints. I know it is going to be beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I am the mother that lost the twin boys, Alex and Brandon, and whose plate is in this post. We love our poppy plate so much, and it has meant so much to us. It has been one year today, Sept. 13, 2011, since we lost our boys and their feet were stamped on the plate. We got on your website to see how to donate 2 poppy plates in their memory, and my husband found pictures of our plate. We've been told we were the first family to receive a poppy plate at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock. Losing our boys has been the worst thing that has ever happened to my husband and me, but I've been so thankful that you had started making the plates when we lost them. It's meant more than you know.

    ReplyDelete