Monday, March 7, 2011

thank you to our donors

We received this sweet note this morning. As sad as it is to us that others have to receive a Mamie's Poppy Plate, we are thankful when we hear how they might be helping the families who experience this loss.

Sarah, You have been on my mind a lot lately. We have used Mamie's Plates much too often here at Baptist. Yet I am so glad we have them. What a reminder of the tiny lives.........I drove to Cabot and gave a mom hers a few weeks ago. She was going to give her baby up for adoption. She has a 17 month old and a 4 year old. Then her tiny baby "Precious" died and was delivered at 3 lb 12 oz. Her nurse made the plate and the next week I called her at home. She wanted the plate and told me the baby's name. She cried when I handed it to her. She had a shadowbox on the living rm wall in this duplex on a lonely street. She wants to hang the plate next to the momentos of her baby. She wanted me to thank you for honoring her baby by your gift. Please pass this story on to the sweet families who donate to Mamie's. And know you are in my prayers for your baby you are carrying. I pray he will be healthy and beautiful and everything you dream of. Bless you, nancy nurse of SHARE at BHLR

If you have received a plate and would like to share your story you can email us @ mamiespoppyplates@gmail.com. If you want it to be a private message to Sarah just let her know and we will not post it.
-Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment